Student Job Opportunities
The EEE Web Team currently has one student job opportunity available:
Advanced Student Web Developer
Thank you for your interest in this position!
The Academic Web Technologies group of the Office of Information Technology at UCI is currently hiring student web developers who will work with the rest of the EEE development team to develop and maintain a wide range of EEE tools.
Please review the information below carefully before applying.
If you have any questions, contact us: email@example.com
Skills & Qualifications
Candidates must have:
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering
- Real-world experience in front-end and back-end web application development
- Experience writing relational SQL queries
- Experience working with source code version control such as Git
- Experience working within a web framework such as Symfony2
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux
- Ability to maintain a positive team attitude and demonstrate professional behavior
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Full-time UCI student status
- Experience working with Symfony2, Silex, and AngularJS
- Experience using LESS or SASS/SCSS
Applicants must be able to provide code samples and/or a public code repository (such as GitHub) that includes the applicant's own sample commits. Code samples must be web development related.
The candidate should be prepared to work collaboratively with the full development team. Strong communication and cooperation between team members through the design, development, implementation, and quality assurance phases are essential to this position.
This is a position that will provide the candidate with many opportunities to expand his or her skill set and gain valuable work experience that can be used inside or outside the University.
- On-campus: OIT Offices, Multipurpose Science & Technology Building (MSTB) — Map
- During school year: 14 to 19.5 hours per week
- During Summer Session: 20 to 40 hours per week
- Salary range
- $15.00 - $18.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Academic Year/Year Round
- Work Types
- Work Study/Non-Work Study, Part-time, Year-round